Friday, May 10, 2013

Chronic Pain: a slow death of the soul for too many

Today has been a shit day. The morning was good because I got to spend it with my boys before school but then up and at 'em to yet another appointment at U of M. The neurosurgeon said he wouldn't help my Trigeminal neuralgia---- actually he stripped me of that diagnosis and now calls it "Atypical Facial Pain of the Trigeminal Nerve". Yeah, I don't get it either. 

He was sizing me up as I sized him up. As he started talking all I could think if 1) was there a lounge they all met in and exchanged notes?; 2) if I punched him in the throat really hard, called my driver to be out front to get me, could we make a clean getaway before the cops showed up?; last but not least 3) could I tell him to just shut the hell up so I can get out of here?

Then someone and I got into an arguments where stupid things were said. 

I'm tired if feeling like a liability to the people I care about. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Memories of my Mom

This is the story of the last weeks with my Mom before she died from cancer. As usual I’m unapologetically sweary. (You’ll get the ...